Buhari insists Aisha should stay our of politics and care for him

Aisha should stay out of politics and care for me' - Buhari insists in an interview


– President Buhari has reiterated that his wife’s place is in the kitchen and bedroom

– He has put to rest claims that his statement in Germany was mere banter

– In an interview with Phil Gayle of DW, the President proved that he was unapologetic about his statement


President Muhammadu Buhari
When President Buhari initially was caught on video saying: “I don’t know which parts my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen, my living room and my other room,” Nigerians went berserk due to what many termed the ‘backward mentality’ reflected in such a statement.

However the presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu quickly took to Twitter to defend the President stating that it was a joke, he tweeted this:





However contrary to these claims, the president granted an interview to Phil Gayle of popular news service, Deutsche Welle (DW), in which he reiterated his statement showing that it was not mere banter.


Mr Gayle asked Buhari what he meant during that statement in Germany, saying: “Recently your wife criticized your choices for top jobs, and you responded by saying “I don’t know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room.” What did you mean by that, sir?” DW asked President Buhari.


In his response to the question, President Buhari answered: “I am sure you have a house. … You know where your kitchen is, you know where your living room is, and I believe your wife looks after all of that, even if she is working.”

In an attempt to clarify, Mr Gayle asked again, “That is your wife’s function?”  to which President Buhari replied: “Yes, to look after me.”

“And she should stay out of politics?” Gayle asked, “I think so” Buhari said.

Comments

Popular Posts